Saturday, June 18, 2011

Betsy Gets a Facelift

We have spent more time here in Georgia than was on my list for stops this travel season. As enjoyable as this may be, at this time I am ready to move on! Every place that has been on my list of places to see and fun things to do, has either been flooded or blown away, so I gave up for a while on the sightseeing and turned my focus to maintenance issues with our home on wheels. After looking at new and used coaches in Florida and not coming across anything that we're interested in or can afford, we have decided to hang on to "Betsy" for a while longer. We have a very solid coach and with regular care it will stay that way. Traveling on the Interstates is an easy way to make our way around the country, but we have picked up lots of rock chips in the front cap from vehicles pulling in front of us too close and throwing rocks and gravel.
The rear bumper and top end cap, and several places around has started to show some sun fading and I decided she was going to have a face lift. We also had some issues with our Onan Generator running rough, and it needed some immediate attention, since we depend on it to run our A/C even when we travel. The dash air just can't cool this big space, so I found a local RV Service Center in Byron GA. about 22 miles north of here, and when I was looking at their business online, I came across their state of the Art Body Shop also.

After reading about their facility and staff, I decided to pay them a visit while getting the Generator worked on.http://www.midstaterv.com/index.php/body-works-design-center.html Mid State RV Center has been awesome to work with. Michelle Fernandez, the Body Shop Manager explained their process and showed us around their awesome Paint Booth.

I knew immediately Betsy was going to be in good hands and I had found the place that I wanted to get this work done! Mark Walton and the others that helped with the paint process have our sincere thanks for a beautiful job, they were very attentive to detail we are really pleased and I would highly recommend them for any RV Body Work that you need done.

When we decided on what we wanted to have done, they worked and got us in very quickly and tried to coordinate the job with those at the Service Center who have our Generator out for repairs.

Ofcourse if you want to see God laugh, make plans! While Betsy was in the shop, we camped at the Days Inn in Warner Robins GA. four nights. We thought that the Genset would be put back together and ready to go on Friday and when they got finished at the body shop we would get it put back in and return back to the Twin Oaks Campground for the weekend....to take off on Sunday (Father's Day) and scoot through Atlanta in light traffic. Well, that plan didn't come together. A part is ordered and supposed to be here on Monday, so with a little luck, service will get us put back together on Tuesday and we will head down the road on Wednesday.
I had gone ahead and made reservations in Chatanooga Tennessee and also just east of Nashville, at a Resort that we will set down in until after the 4th of July. One of my rules of the road is to not travel on weekends or holidays!(minus getting through cities on Sunday mornings!) I've had to break my rules more than I care to...but hopefully not this time. We will try to time the trip north up I 75 in the middle of the day and avoid rush hour at least. I've had to push my reservations ahead a couple of days. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any more bad weather, and the part arrives on Monday. We hadn't been back here at the campground very long yesterday...really just wanting the paint job to cure good over the weekend, and it blew up a thunderstorm and rained for about 3 hours! I was almost afraid to go out and look this morning, making up my mind that if we had damage, that's what we have insurance for...and we lucked out.... everything is good. She looks so pretty and new! Until next time....Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers out there. We will be going to a BBQ and pool party here at the clubhouse. It will be a good time I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kayndan,

    My name is Daniel Ballard and I worked for Midstaterv.com. I noticed that you mentioned Midstaterv on this page:http://kayndan.blogspot.com/2011/06/betsy-gets-facelift.html. I would like to propose if it’s okay with you to put a linkback to our site: http://www.midstaterv.com using Midstaterv as anchor text.

    I’d be happy to hear your thoughts regarding this. Looking forward to hearing back from you,



    Best Regards,

    Daniel Ballard

    ReplyDelete